AfPA’s Obesity Initiative is a network of policy-minded health care providers who advocate for patient-centered care.
The Obesity Initiative is a unique network for clinicians who treat obesity and are interested in further shaping policies that support the clinician-patient relationship, limit abusive insurance policies, and empower patient and acknowledge their individual needs.
To learn more, or to join AfPA’s Obesity Initiative, please email Elizabeth Simpson.
White Papers & Policy Briefs
- Root Cause: How America’s Obesity Epidemic Drives Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes
Alliance for Patient Access, Partnership to Advance Cardiovascular Health, Diabetes Policy Collaborative, June 2021
- Lightening America’s Obesity Burden
Alliance for Patient Access, February 2022
- A Fatal Connection: Obesity, Cardiovascular Disease & Type 2 Diabetes
Alliance for Patient Access, November 2021
- Obesity is Weighing America Down
Alliance for Patient Access, September 2021
- Dismantling Access Barriers to Obesity Treatments
Alliance for Patient Access, September 2022
View recent blogs on Health Policy Today.